Saturday, May 12, 2007

I REGRETTED NOT BEING WITH MY DAD.......


I regretted not being with my dad at time of his passing. I should have stayed longer with him that faithful midnight. I was optimistic then that dad able to get well again..... and can live with my family again, but....... I was wrong, I regretted not at his bed side then.

Before I left him that night, I massaged his legs which were swollen, then I stroke his hand gently and told him to sleep well. Again, I could have stayed with him longer.

Now that he has gone. This coming Thursday, 17 July, 2007 (sorry, should be 17 May, 2007) is his 49th day of passing. We Chinese, or rather Buddhists believe that the soul of the deceased will still be with its family within 49 days of one's passing before reincarnated / reborn elsewhere as another living being. Prayers have been offered to him to wish him well in his next life. So, let us all do our parts to offer him prayers this coming Thursday. I wish him a good and less sufferings future life elsewhere.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello goliku.. isnt it the 17th May instead of July? Hmm.. nevertheless.. i will pray for ah kong in my own special way.. haha.. :)

goliku said...

You are right, Ling, should be 17th May. Thanks for your prayer.

Anonymous said...

you are welcomed goliku! ah kong will definitely live a happy n fulfilling life wherever he is. :)