Wednesday, January 30, 2008

HIBISCUS DRINKS



It has been quite some time that I did not post any photo of produce of Gary's Garden. Reason being that there was no new addition of plant that I can share. For this post, I decided to bring back some of flowers to all you. Someone introduced me that I can make use of the hibiscus flowers to make drinks that has 'antioxidants' value, which is good for our health. You can try to find out more on this antioxidant thing by using google search. One of it that I found was a Fact Sheet by US National Cancer Institute titled 'Antioxidants and Cancer Prevention: Fact Sheet' (http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/antioxidantsprevention). All you need to do is to boil the hibiscus flowers after thorough cleaning, let it cool, then chill it in a freezer, then squeeze some lime into it when you decide to taste it. By squeezing lime into it will make the hibiscus drink into maroon red colour (ie, like Ribena). I have been consuming this drinks for quite some time now, and the effect, so far so good.

No comments: