Saturday, December 27, 2008

I FOUND A JEWEL - BHANTE KOVIDA



I practise Bhante Kovida Qi Gong

Bhante comments on his book...
Some people will be surprised and puzzled while others, no doubt, will be shocked and upset with my explanation of certain topics such as khamma and rebirth, since many teachers explain these topics otherwise.

My thoughts on these subjects should not be viewed as concrete truths but rather as different ways of looking and reflecting on aspects of the Dhamma. We should, after all, keep an open and inquiring mind, and resist the easy temptation of clinging to views and opinions. We must always be alert to the persisting habit of the clinging/craving mind because it's really not important what we think and want to believe. What really matters, and what the Buddha kept reminding people, is that our minds and hearts are peaceful and free from suffering and dis-ease, ego pride, arrogance and conceit, and blessed with the four sublime states of loving kindness, compassion, sympathetic joy and equanimity.

Another jewel that I found,

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that's my religion. - Abraham Lincoln"

No comments: