Thursday, August 30, 2007

LEE KUAN YEW

One of the great leader that I admire most is Mr. Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore. Even my late father was his fan. I still remember my father requested my relatives to video-tape Mr. Lee's national day speeches for him. Though I may not agree fully with Mr. Lee's ideas, opinions, thoughts or whatsoever, I realized there are many truths in them.

I shall collect his ideas, opinions, thoughts or whatsoever in my blog from time to time, for the benefit of mankind. Lets start with the below :-

" We knew that if we were just like our neighbors, we would die. Because we've got nothing to offer against what they have to offer. So we had to produce something which is different and better than what they have. It's incorrupt. It's efficient. It's meritocratic. It works.

The system works regardless of your race, language or religion because otherwise we'd have divisions. We are pragmatists. We don't stick to any ideology. Does it work? Let's try it and if it does work, fine, let's continue it. If it doesn't work, toss it out, try another one. We are not enamored with any ideology."



No comments: