Friday, December 07, 2007

Kevin Rudd 陆克文 can speak Chinese

The newly elected Prime Minister of Australia, Mr. Kevin Rudd 陆克文 can speak Chinese. It is just wonderful.

One of the comments I gathered about this video is :-

Oh yes, I am a Malaysian staying in Australia, I am so happy when "Lu Kewen" won, i am so impress with his Mandarin proficiency, so much so made me feel ashamed of myself. I understand what he was saying in that interview, but don't think I as fluent as him.

He brought in some relieves and a breath of fresh air to the country, everyone esp those in the urban areas are sick and tired of his predecessor whose political party was practically "dismantled" - all the senior ex cabinet members quit frontbench.

I guess politics here is different if compare to malaysia - here it's not based not races - although opposition has taken control - but nobody is worried whether they will be discriminated, sidelined etc. Some may say its left wing and right wing - to me its all the same, just their ability to convince the people whether they are able to do a god job for the benefits of Australians - citizens and residents (like myself). Residents dont made to feel that they are 2nd class citizen - they get to share the benefits like australian citizens the only difference is not able to vote - thats all!

Po

No comments: