Sunday, November 13, 2005

Bravo! Gary's Garden's Kids





I attended my son's school prize giving day a few days ago. My son received a trophy for his best performance in class. Bravo! son, keep in up. His position in his class has improved from 41st last year to No. 1 this year. This was mainly due to improvement in his proficiency in chinese language, which is the main language being used in school. I wish to thank my wife for her dedication in coaching him to achieve this far. The achievement was a history now and most importantly is the journey ahead. The best efforts from all of us must continue, and not just stop here.

The headmistress's speech during the prize giving ceremony touched on many aspects in moulding a kid. One of them was that "kids are always kids, they never grow up in the eyes of every parent". Do you agree with the headmistress's view? I do not agree. For me, as a parent, our role is to give our best within our mean to our children so that they can grow up to be a person of good characters and can be independent. Our role in this is diminishing as our kids grow from day to day. We must pass the 'baton' to them one day and not keep on holding to it. We cannot treat them as kids forever, even though, in our hearts, we prefer to be like that. Do you agree with me?

Also posted here is a trophy of my daugther, who got No. 1 in her kindergarten class last year. This year, no ranking for her since her new kindergarten does not adopt the ranking system.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation to Yang Yang & his proud parents. It's fantastic, from 41st position to 1st, it was a great improvement! I bet not only the parents are proud of him but also the grandparents, uncles and aunties. Hope he will continue to study smart and keep up with the good performance.

Best wishes from,
Irene Koko

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Gary, you must be a very proud father. As parents, we always want the best for our kids, and awards like those of your children, are affirmations of your effort.

Best,
Danny

Anonymous said...

I wish to thank everyone who give words of encouragement to me.


Yang Yang

Anonymous said...

thank you everybody

Anonymous said...

Hi, Goli, your son must be very smart or the other kids in the class are all gundoos, but I believe it must be the former!

Our warmest congrats to your wife for guiding your kids to achieve so much at such a young age. I am not sure if you have contributed anything to their brilliance but I am sure 90% of the effort must be your wife's...hehe

Rightfully, all those trophies should be her's :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you, Wei Yang and Ee Sian. Elsie Ko Ko and Uncle Lodro are proud to have such clever and cute nephew and niece. We will play more treasure hunt and word games and wrestle the next time we meet. This time we will have even more goodies,okay?

Anonymous said...

ok lc koko

goliku said...

thank you lc koko